Monday, September 24, 2007

Morning Ritual

Deb:

Freckles became a frequent visitor to the living room. I would open her door in the morning and she would hop over to greet me. Frequently, she would hear me coming and be waiting. Sometimes when I put my finger down to her, she would allow me to pet her nose. No place else on her body -- just her nose. As soon as I moved, she’d shoot through the doorway and into the living room, leaping and jumping in her morning exercise. This ritual seemed to bond us and build trust. I felt as though she was beginning to like me!

2 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Every rabbit is different. Some want to be buddies right away, some take awhile. But they're social creatures and most will eventually come around!

Deb Shucka said...

At last, a breakthrough!