Thursday, September 6, 2007

How it all began…Making a home for Freckles

Deb:

Where in the world was I going to put a rabbit? I knew I didn’t want her to stay in her cage all day long. Rabbits need freedom. They're curious animals and thrive when given the opportunity to explore. (Cats are known for their curiosity, but I think rabbits beat them hands down for sticking their noses where they don't belong -- bunnies just haven't gotten the same media hype!)

I decided I could clear out the spare bedroom and make space for her cage there. I’d need to do some rabbit proofing. Bunnies like to chew; it keeps their teeth ground down. I remembered several years ago when a black dwarf rabbit named Clyde came to live with us. We had to make sure all of the electrical cords were high enough so that he couldn’t reach them. Clyde’s small size made that job easy. Freckles was a full-grown rabbit. She’d be able to stretch much higher.

No comments: