Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Freckles Takes a Chance


Freckles:

I didn’t take the orange stick the high-voiced one offered. I was hungry and wanted it, make no mistake about that! But, I thought it important to establish right from the start that I was in charge of myself. If I stayed here, I’d be calling the shots. I’d eat what I want, when I want.

The thing with the high voice left the cave entrance open. I hopped forward and stuck my head through the gap, exploring the curious environment with all of my senses. It seemed safe enough. I took a chance and jumped onto the ground outside the cave. I’d expected chewy grass or burrowing dirt but found a strange furry softness instead. Interesting! I nosed it and tried a nibble. YUK! It was less than tasty! As I ventured forth, I wondered what else awaited me.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Welcome to blogland, Freckles! =)

Deb Shucka said...

I'm proud of you, Freckles! Face life on your own terms and don't let any high-pitch voiced beings push you around. A word of warning - your hiding place is very dangerous when moving - watch your feet.

Deb Cushman said...

Thank you, "Other Deb." I have always been a bit of an independent spirit (I think). Your words encourage me. I shall be careful.
Sincerely,
Freckles =:-)