Saturday, September 1, 2007

How it all began...Lost

Freckles:
I hopped through the hard gray streets searching for some orange sticks or green pebbles. I sniffed at soft pointy leaves with yellow flowers that peeked from a crack in the surface and nibbled cautiously. YUM! I yanked a leaf from the bunch and chewed, grinding the leaves rapidly between my teeth. The yellow flowers tasted delicious and the soreness in my tummy eased. However, I had no idea where I was or how I got here.

How far back can I remember? I recall lost and I recall hungry. But, whatever existence I inhabited in the Before Time had vanished from my mind. Where I came from remained as big a mystery as where I was going.

I continued to hunt for shelter -- some alcove or crevice to snuggle into for the night. I spotted the perfect place, a small cave in the side of a building, and quickened my pace. That's when it happened...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to find out what happens next!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Freckles & Deb! I'll come back often and enjoy!!!