Saturday, September 29, 2007

Freckles Digs In

Deb:

Using my mother voice, I said, “NO!” I listened. The scratching stopped for a moment, and then the sound resumed.

I dropped to my hands and knees and peeked under the couch. “Stop it, Freckles!” I commanded, hoping I sounded like I meant business this time. She did stop and stared directly into my eyes. She immediately went back to her work digging in the carpet.

After a couple more attempts to tell her to stop, which gained the same reactions as before -- stopping and then continuing, I stood and pulled the sofa away from the wall. Of course, I had to move the ten-ton coffee table first, so by the time I had the couch moved, I was already huffing and puffing.

Freckles sprinted to the other end of the couch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post was brought to you by the word of the day. And the word of the day is..."obstinancy"

Deb Cushman said...

She sounds like my two-year-old son! If there is something he wants he keeps after it trying to wear us down. Hang in there, Deb!

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Deb Shucka said...

But you gave him permission with the nose touching ritual!!!!