Thursday, November 8, 2007

An Opportunity Arises

Freckles:

As I contemplated how I could get through that high-voiced one’s thick skull that I was angry with it, I allowed it the privilege of rubbing my nose, ears, and back. It seemed to enjoy this grooming ritual, and I thought it couldn’t hurt to keep it off guard for a bit longer. I would have to come up with a new plan to show it my annoyance at its part in building the barrier. But, what could my new plan be?

My eyes were closed, but I heard something fall to the ground across the room. I opened my eye to see what had happened. It was the substance that the high-voiced one was holding in its paws during my warning nip. It had fallen from the tree where it had left it and had landed in the dirt. I couldn’t tell from this distance, but it looked like it was made from a weaker material than the barrier. Hmmmm. It seemed to be an item that the high-voiced one cherished because it was holding it for a long time. Maybe I could use that fact against it.

1 comment:

Deb Shucka said...

What a plotter you are, Freckles! Maybe it will be something good to eat.