Monday, November 19, 2007

Is this Bonding?

Deb:

When Freckles finished shredding the newspaper, she plopped her body down on top of the shreds. Yep, I had been right; she’d built a nest. She stayed there most of the day, staring at me. I thought it was sweet that she wanted to keep track of me. But, I puzzled over the fact that she hadn’t touched the apple quarter I’d brought her. Maybe she’d digested some of the newspaper and had a tummy ache. I guess I’ll have to make sure she had plenty of her favorite Timothy hay and dandelions to keep her happy. I settled in my chair and read a magazine, content in the knowledge that Freckles and I had bonded.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you feel like an apple... sometimes you don't...

Deb Shucka said...

I hope you kept a firm grip on that magazine, oh clueless one!

RG said...

Freckles may just have a big surprise for us! She is a rabbit, yes? And also a she?

I guess we best stay tuned here ... "As Freckles' World Turns"