Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Freckles Tastes of Poetry

Deb:

After I’d made sure that Freckles was out of the bedroom, I searched the room for other potential damage. When I glanced at the bookcase, I saw it…a copy of The Standard Book of British and American Verse with added chew marks on the top. It was an old book, but probably not worth much (I hope). It was still readable – she hadn’t damaged any of the pages. Freckles probably didn’t care for the taste or she just isn't a fan of poetry.

Well, we certainly needed to make sure that the bedroom door wasn’t left open again! In the meantime, I put any of the books that meant something to me on higher shelves. No use taking any chances!

9 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

Hmmmm. I wonder if Freckles can climb. . . .

Anonymous said...

Mindless crochet is my zen therapy.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love a good short story collection. ~Fiona Bun

BipolarBunny said...

My bunny, Rembrandt, has always preferred Stephen King. Ironically, he ate his way through "Thinner."

The Furry Kids said...

That is a bummer for Freckles. There's nothing like the taste of paper, that's for sure.

Your pal,
Titus

Bubbles said...

We think Freckles is a fan of poetry! And when you're reading, you get hungry and from one thing comes another... ;-)

Headbutts,
Karl & Ruis

RG said...

Well Freckles needs a new adventure ...

Anonymous said...

i have sooo many chewed books... by bunnies, dogs...

Anonymous said...

I perfectly understand Freckles, great choice, lol