Monday, June 16, 2008

Exploring the Sleeping Land

Freckles:

I knew that the High-Voiced One and Big Guy wouldn’t return quickly, so I took my time exploring the sleeping land. Platforms filled with rows and rows of smaller items caught my eye. I pulled an item from the flat surface and tested the taste with my teeth. YUM! Delicious flavor! I decided chew a little more. After a few bites it took on a dusty flavor, so I pushed it aside and looked around the room.

I noticed there was a giant cave in this land just like the one in my Home Place. I scooted underneath and checked out the objects hidden there. One of them smelled like Big Guy. I pulled it closer and chewed the edge, moving onto the snake-like strings attached.

10 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Hmm, looks like Freckles indulged in a little book marking.

Zinger said...

mmmm books... i love a good book

The Furry Kids said...

Oh man, Freckles. That kind of thing gets us in trouble at our house. I hope The High Voiced One doesn't figure out that you were the taster.

Bunnies and Kimberly said...

Oh no, this must be "chew a book" month.

RG said...

You have really good taste there Frecks! I think you and the Crafty Green Poet would get along well!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor book! Was it tasty?

Anonymous said...

Poetry! Freckles sure has fine tastes ;)

Deb Shucka said...

Freckles is a literary bunny! No surprise there!

Asta said...

Freckles

I think poetwy is tastiest in small bites
smoochie kisses
ASTA

PJ said...

Dear Freckles,
I have freckles, a smoochable schnozzle, I eat lots of greens I grow in my own garden but have no deisre to chew for its own sake. What is wrong with me? My dentist doesn't see anything wrong with my teeth and my chiropractor says I need to give up any hope of ever growing a tail. And I just don't want to talk about the ear thing. Ever. Please advise.
PJ