Saturday, January 12, 2008

A TORNADO!

We’re taking a short break from our regular story to talk about the weather!

Freckles:

We had a tornado! A REAL TORNADO! And nobody was home except for me. I was not scared though. I knew it was my job to protect our house, so I stayed in my cave, meditated really hard, and glared at that stupid old tornado with my most meanest glare. It worked! The tornado skipped our house!

I feel sorry for all of those people who did not have a bunny queen to protect their houses. They had a lot of trees and power poles fall down and some houses and buildings were damaged, but Deb says that nobody got hurt. That’s a good thing! I think I will work on a Tornado Stay Away Dance in case it decides to come back.



Deb:

Yep, Freckles is right. We had a tornado right here in Clark County, Washington on Thursday. Actually, the tornado struck approximately 5 miles northwest of our house. We got the rain, wind, and black skies but not the tornado itself. (It was just outside of Vancouver, Washington, north of Portland, Oregon.) There are articles and pictures in our local paper The Columbian.

We don't get a lot of tornadoes in the Pacific Northwest. We had a bad one in Vancouver in 1972 that killed six people and caused havoc in a short stretch of the neighborhood where I currently live. The Columbian reported that there were eight tornadoes in Clark County since 1972. I don't remember many of them, but I do remember that one touched down, blew a fence over, and then went away.

And, Freckles is correct. She was all by herself. I’ll bet she was really scared! She seemed fine when I got home that evening (sleeping in her condo/cave), but she tends to hide her real feelings, and I think she was just putting on a confident act.

4 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Freckles, how very brave of you! you deserve extra leafy goodness for a few days! How scairty! We are glad you have your cave to keep you safe and warm

Zinger said...

Freckles - you were brave! good thing you had the cave to stay safe!

RG said...

Thanks for the weather reports .. we heard a bit about it up here, but not the details. Good job Tornado-scaring Freckles. And, I must confess, I am very glad you were in it not on it! The Cave thing!

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds scary! Thank goodness you were there to protect the home!