Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Safety of a Large Tree

Freckles:
After I finished eating my delicious chunk of goodness, I examined the mysterious scenery of the Unexplored Territory. From the Other World I had heard strange rumblings, screeches, and roaring from this land, but had never found a necessity to enter here. Who knew what wonders (and dangers) lurked in this part of the world.

My scrutiny of the area nearby revealed a huge tree spreading its enormous branches to provide a large amount of shade. I could hop there for safety. I hadn’t seen or heard any large black birds in this land, but the silent, invisible ones could swoop down at any second. I was out in the open and vulnerable to many dangers. I jumped into the air, twisted my body, and dashed for the tree.

3 comments:

Jan Price said...

Hi, Freckles & Deb,

Thanks for stopping by. We enjoy meeting new friends. We've been reading your story about the cave and exploring new territory in reverse.

jans funny farm

Deb Shucka said...

Hmmm. I wonder what wonders you'll find under this strange new tree.

RG said...

A well fed Freckles just might nap!