Thursday, January 24, 2008

Slip-Sliding for Goodness!

Freckles:

Leaping through the portal to the Unexplored Territory was a breeze. It was the landing that caused a bit of a problem. The ground was very slidey! I had miscalculated my approach because of this slippery surface and my body slid right into the high-voiced one’s back paws. But, I was on a mission and I couldn’t let a bit of slipperyness stop me. I pulled myself upright with all the dignity I could muster and glared into the high-voiced one’s eyes. My glare told it to drop the container of goodness

It reached down for me and I was sure it planned to strike me down or grab me and throw my body back into the Other World. But, when the paw reached my nose, I realized it held a piece of the yummy goodness from the container. Maybe Nice Guy wasn’t the only one who could open the Container of Goodness. Maybe the high-voiced one had a talent I had not realized.

I snatched the piece of goodness and backed up.

5 comments:

RG said...

Freckles, you have such dark thoughts! Such suspicions. Did something bad happen in your childhood????

Zinger said...

bread - good
cookies - heaven

The Meezers or Billy said...

ooo bread!! treats are wonderful!

The Furry Kids said...

Bread... mmmmmm

I think the High Voiced One is probably ok if she's doling out treats.

Titus

Deb Shucka said...

I wonder what other talents the high-voiced one has that you might use to your advantage. . .