Monday, January 28, 2008

Sanctuary or Dead End

Freckles:

Once I reached the center of the clearing under the tree, I rested and surveyed my surroundings. Looking up, I noticed a large ledge with an open area underneath. This could be a great location to keep track of the comings and goings in the Unexplored Territory. On the other hand, the open area didn’t seem very deep and might be a dead end. If a terrifying monster came after me, I could be trapped in that area and forced to defend myself with no avenue for escape. I would need to think about this decision for a bit.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Freckles: we have such a tree, too. I've found that even in the darkest, favoritest corner, a clean route of escape can be found under the roots. Shimmy!
-Sammy

Zinger said...

sammy is right. another great spot that is well liked in my warren is under the big long wide thing that my mum sleeps on. it's real safe and they don't know when we hide there, but we can see them!

RG said...

Now where would Freckles get the idea that there might be some terrible monster around? What kind of stories are you people reading to her anyway!!