Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Temptation Takes Root

Freckles:

The high-voiced one sat quietly in the bush plotting its next move. I remained firmly on top of the shiny treat. Every so often I’d lean over and nibble at the edges. It still tasted good, however some of the deliciousness had worn off and the aroma of the pointy leaves, yellow flowers, and orange sticks on the plate near me wafted past my nose. From what I could see, the orange sticks had been broken into tiny shreds just like the ones I’d made from the thin material earlier. Hmmmm. The delicate little pieces would be tender and yummy. I could almost taste the delectable yellow flowers that garnished the top. I must remain strong.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Freckles, eventually you'll have to eat! You're obviously too smart to starve.

This is one super blog here! We'll definitely be checking back regularly!
Christine and Sammy

Deb Cushman said...

Christine & Sammy,
So glad you stopped by and please do come back! We always love to have new friends visit!
Freckles & Deb

RG said...

Freckles caves in .... hmmmmm ....

Probably better in the long run kiddo ...

Deb Shucka said...

I bet if you put your mind to it, you could figure out how to get the goodies without giving up the magazine. . . .