Friday, July 18, 2008

Watching Freckles/Taking Action

Deb:

Freckles stayed in her fierce, glaring posture for a long time. Boy, do bunnies have patience! Finally, she must have given up and she began her grooming routine.

I love to watch her groom herself. She always starts with her lovely dewlap and moves to other parts of her body. The Washing of the Ears is my favorite part. She’ll pull her ears down one at a time with her paws and lick them, sometimes running her paws through them several times before she is satisfied. Then she licks her paws and rubs them on her face and head. I’m always mesmerized by her actions, as I was this time.

When she was finished, I decided it was time to act. I rose from my chair and headed for the planter.

10 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

She grooms just like a cat! Only cats spend more time on their nether regions than they do on their ears. I can hardly wait to see what she's got in store for you next!

PJ said...

Yes, Freckles has a very lovely dewlap indeed. Is there a dewlap award? She deserves one.

Fez and the Gang said...

Watch out Freckles!

I love watching mine groom too. I think I could watch them for hours, and watching them do their ears is also my favourite part!

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love watching bunnies groom - they are so meticulous and it amazes me how clean they can get themselves. once when archi was just a little baby bun she was really dirty and an hour later she was white again! my sister and i were both astounded

Asta said...

Deb
I wish I could see Fweckles gwooming..it sounds mawvelous...I wish I could do that
smoochie kisses
ASTA

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Ears are the best, then the back foot procedure where the foot it stretched and toes are spread. it's all good, really.

Christine said...

We love to watch Sammy washin' up his face. It's the sweetest. And when he grooms his back, he oinks while he's stretching!

Deb, what are you doin' behind that planter???

BipolarBunny said...

Maybe she wasn't grooming, but instead, lulling the creature into a false sense of security.

Anonymous said...

I love how bunnies flick their front paws before they begin grooming their faces! and sometimes, when they're too engrossed in grooming, they forget to keep their balance and topple over, lol! What a hoot these bunnies are!

Oh no, are you bringing out the box?! Guess its time we say our goodbyes to the little box..

Anonymous said...

I perfectly understand you and adore watching my pets )))