Monday, October 1, 2007

Playing Hide and Seek

Deb:
When I pulled out one end of the couch, Freckles ran to the other end. I stepped behind the couch and pushed it forward. She remained uncovered for only a second before she scooted into hiding again. At this rate I could move the couch across the room and she’d stay undercover all the way. I knelt down and saw her at the front of the couch. She was breathing hard, and I knew she was scared, so I tried talking soothingly to her. I extended my hand, but she kept scooting back out of my reach. I decided to survey the damage to the carpet and give her time to calm down.

2 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

Was she breathing hard from fear, or was she laughing at you?

Deb Cushman said...

Looking back at it now with new perspective, I would say that she was probably laughing (or at least giggling slightly!)