Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Hideaway Dog

Deb:

No matter how many great sleeping places we prepared for Scrambles, he always chose the blanket on the couch. It is a crocheted afghan with lots of wonderfully spaced breathing holes. Scrambles would wiggle himself underneath it and completely disappear. The first morning I discovered this, I thought I had lost him. I didn’t see him anywhere, so I called his name.

Now, every other dog we’ve had, would come running to us when we ventured into the kitchen in the morning eager for a walk and food. Not Scrambles. He loves to sleep late. He usually covers himself so completely that you only see a large lumpy blanket. As he rouses, the blanket moves and then his parts (usually nose and bottom) appear in stages from underneath it. But he doesn’t awaken easily. He takes his sweet time, peeking out from beneath the cover and climbing back underneath until he's pretty sure that food is prepared and waiting.

11 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

well, really, why would anyone get up unless the food was already made?

The Furry Kids said...

That picture is cracking Mom up. I'm like Scrambles - it's hard for me to wake up sometimes. Unless it pertains to food. Then I'm all wild and crazy. hehe

Your pal,
Titus

Alice said...

gee whiz, thanks miss deb!!

i was just here at your blog and getting VERY distracted. today needs to be a productive one and all i can do is think about bunnies!

great video and come on now....ignorification?!?!? love it!!!

just how brilliant are you anyway??

xoxo,

'alice'

Alice said...

gee whiz, thanks miss deb!!

i was just here at your blog and getting VERY distracted. today needs to be a productive one and all i can do is think about bunnies!

great video and come on now....ignorification?!?!? love it!!!

just how brilliant are you anyway??

xoxo,

'alice'

PJ said...

A dog after my own heart. The afghan is gorgeous and Scrambles has great taste. Hmmmm, I wonder what happens next????

RoadBunner said...

Scrambles sounds more like a person than a dog!

Sassy Kat said...

Any place is a good place to take a nap I always say.

Sassy Kat said...

Any place is a good place to take a nap I always say!

RG said...

Freckles needs to thump Scrambles in the morning!!!

Anonymous said...

Psssst... we have an award for u. Come and claim it from our blog!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I think Scrambles has the right idea. If only someone would prepare my food and I could wake up when I was good and ready. Alas a slave to the bunnies I am.
bunny hugs,
shell