Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Peace Offering

Deb:

Scrambles had stopped when I shouted to her, but then I didn't know what to do. I could take the bok choy away, but Freckles wouldn't want it back now that the dog had put his mark all over it. Besides, although I acknowledge that it was wrong for Scrambles to take the bok choy from Freckles, I was really curious to see if the dog would actually eat it.

As Scrambles ate the bok choy, Freckles stared with murderous eyes. I could see a battle may soon erupt, so I needed to do something quickly. I ran to the kitchen, opened the fridge, and pulled out the bok choy. I tore off a stalk and rushed back to the living room. I lovingly placed it in front of Freckles...a peace offering. Maybe I could stop, or at least stall, the impending war.

7 comments:

Fez and the Gang said...

I hope it was a nice and big juicy piece!

Anonymous said...

'murderous eyes' sounds scary to me!
U are a peace-maker, Deb! I hope this will stop the war ;)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Deb to the rescue.

Glenna said...

Hmmm. Like the War of the Roses, only with bok choy.

Deb Shucka said...

Food as a peace offering. You may be on to something there. I wonder what would happen if more people tried that.

RG said...

Hope ya got a goodly supply there .. this war could escalate!

Anonymous said...

Quick thinking, Deb.. and some pretty fast moves too, dashing to the kitchen and back before Freckles attacked Scrambles! Bravo!!