Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Skinny Tree Forest

Freckles:

I surveyed my strange surroundings. Where was I now? There were so many trees! Before me stood a wonderous forest of skinny tree trunks and low brush that made it easy for me to skirt around the obstacles and zip from one tree to another. Any terrible monsters that had been following me would surely have been confused by my sharp speedy moves. Besides, terrible monsters are usually big and wouldn’t be able to follow my swift path.

Exhausted from all that running, I found a spot among the skinny trees and rested. I still remained alert for any dangers that might spring from the bushes, but the soft ground beneath me eased my tired body.

4 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

You do look very comfy!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Freckles, you look so cute there!! that's a great forest!

RG said...

What a find! Enjoy that! Glad you are OK. Things were a bit tense there.

Shelly said...

It seems you have conquered your fear of the skinny forest! Good for you! I'm glad you have found a comfy spot in the forest too! Good to keep monsters out!