Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Doctor Said I'm Special


Freckles:   This picture was actually taken in July, but since this is what I'm doing as I'm writing this (munching some delightful dandylions), I thought it was an appropriate substitute for the real thing. I'm not letting Deb take pictures of me -- because of the shaved furs and stitches, you see. A gal's got to look her best when posting to the Internet and since they removed some icky fat thing from under my chin, the ugliness they left behind is rather prominent in pictures. You will just have to enjoy some lovely visions from the past until the furs grow back.

My follow up visit to the doctor went well, even if I did have to go to that awful place that smells of so many different animals my senses are still reeling. At first they thought I might have swollen lymph nodes, but instead the doctor thinks the fat around my neck might be doing weird things that most likely aren't harmful. He said I was special so he wasn't surprised that I had special stuff he'd never seen before. However, I did not like him talking about me having any fat.

Deb:  I believe all female rabbits have some fat around their necks. The doctor didn't say you were fat. You only weigh 5.5 lbs. He said you looked very good and quite healthy.

Freckles:   You didn't have to tell everyone how much I weigh. How embarrassing!

14 comments:

Jade said...

Freckles, you are indeed quite svelte, no need to worry about your weight. I completely understand wanting to only be photographed at your very best, though, so hopefully your fur will grow back very quickly so we can view your loveliness again.

Christina said...

You are special Freckles, you really are.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oh, Freckles! If you're sick, be well soon! If you're not sick, I hope the bipeds realize it right quick and leave you alone to keep enjoying your dandelions.

The Fab Furs said...

Well, everyone knows you're special Freckles! And it is important to control your image on the web. That photo cube of you is nice, although your logo could really be re-designed again to feature you more prominently, thus giving your admirers a better sense of your loveliness. Good job in training Deb in the dandylion distribution area, but evidently you have to make clear the terms of the confidentiality agreement that I'm sure you have all of your people sign.

Lisa Alto said...

I agree you are very special freckles, and we look forward to new pics once yr fur is back. Have a speedy recovery!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh Freckles, I hope your fur grows back quickly and that you're feeling fully better very soon

Lisa said...

You are a very special lady, Freckles, and of course a special body will do special things. We're glad you're ok.

I'm sure you still look beautiful despite evidence of torture by the V.E.T.

Robyn Waters said...

It's okay, Freckles, I understand exactly how you feel. I wouldn't want anyone talking about my fat content either. And after reading what I just read and realizing that some people can't be trusted, I will never let Deb know how much I weigh! I'm so happy you're feeling better!

RG said...

Of course you are special Frecks - you are a bunny!

PJ said...

Well, we could have told him about your specialness, everybun knows that!

Simone said...

Glad you are okay, and yes I think that vet is right about you being special! *nose nudge* Feel better soon.

RoadBunner said...

I missed all the excitement but am glad I tuned in to find out that Freckles is okay! And it isn't fat. It is fluff!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Freckles you are a very special bun indeed! We love ya bunches and are so happy you are feeling better.
xx, shell, sugie and harrington

SixBunnies said...

Freckles! I'm so glad to hear good news and that you are on your way to recovering. Take it easy and let that hoomin wait on you hand and foot!