Monday, June 7, 2010

I Only Have Eyes for You

Freckles:

My friend Robyn said, "I only have eyes for you, Freckles!"

What?

I have perfectly good eyes, they work quite well. I don't need anyone else's eyes. Even though I like Robyn very much, and she is working on a surprise for me, and I like surprises very much, she should keep her eyes. She's an artist and needs them for her work. She shouldn't be giving them away.

Besides, Robyn, your eyes are totally the wrong color for me and you certainly know how important color is. It would drive you crazy if you could see me with them and how they wouldn't match my ambiance -- but then you couldn't see, because you would have given your eyes to me. So, Robyn, you should hold onto your eyes. You shouldn't be so generous with them. You would really miss them if you didn't have them anymore.

But, thanks for offering. A friend who would give her eyes to you is a true friend indeed.

9 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

hee hee Freckles.

Hef's Mom said...

too funny, what phrase will freckles tackle next?

Robyn Waters said...

Okay Freckles, I hear you. I certainly wouldn't want to mess up your ambiance! And you're right, I do need my eyes for my work...especially since I'm finishing up your surprise today!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh Freckles, you're so sweet and dippit as we say over in Scotland

Deb Shucka said...

It's so nice that you at least appreciate the gesture, Freckles. Robin sounds like a special friend.

Asta said...

Fweckles
You do have the most pawfect eyes fow youw colowing and size, but it suwe is lovely to have such a genewous fwiend
smoochie kisses
ASTA

RoadBunner said...

Freckles has fire eyes! I wouldn't trade those, either.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Nope, I wouldn't trade your eyes either.

The Bunns said...

We can hardely wait for the next chapter here in the Eyes mystery.