Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I'd had the coffee table for thirty-three years. It held special memories.
- My oldest son had used a pencil to carve his first picture that looked like anything into the wood on top. It was a circle with stick arms and legs sticking out. At the time I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry; to praise or punish. Years of wood polish had covered the evidence. The little man was no longer visible, but I still could point to the exact spot.
- It's drawer held photos from years of birthday parties, Christmas celebrations, picnics, and graduations waiting to be put into albums.
- I could recall the fragrance of hundreds of flowers carefully arranged into elegant (and some not so elegant) bouquets that had graced its surface.
More recently, Freckles found comfort perched on the flat platform under one end of the table and she enjoyed nibbling on the magazines that rested on the other (magazines we had left there for her to chew and to think she was getting away with something!)
But, polish no longer hid the marks and dents of thirty years of family living. I was tired of having an eyesore in the middle of my living room. I knew exactly what I wanted to purchase to replace it. I didn't know how Freckles would take the change.
Monday, May 25, 2009
I was relaxing in my favorite bush the other day and pondering how good life was. I've got pretty much anything that a bun could want. All the hay I can munch, lots of uninterrupted naptime during the day, and treats whenever I ask for them.
Deb and I would like to honor them all on this Memorial Day.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
The award came with these mission :
* As a dedication for those who love blogging activity and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
* To seek the reasons why we all love blogging!
And it comes with some rules!
* Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it (Whoops! We kind of failed this rule!)
* Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award (Okay, we got that one right -- see note under the award!)
* Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging (We'll do that next -- see below!)
* Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like (That's going to be a little tougher! There are so many deserving bloggers out there!)
* Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post (On our way!)
Why Freckles and Deb love blogging...
Deb - I love blogging because it give me a chance to share our wonderful adventures with others. We've made so many great friends through this blog. When we started, we had no idea what was going to happen. Now, we can't wait to check in with everyone to see what's happening!
Freckles - I love blogging because it gives me a chance to tell my side of the story, so everyone won't think Deb has all the fun. Plus, I know that others will be interested in what I have to say. I mean, why wouldn't they?
Now we have to give the award to others we think are deserving...
Well, we think that all the blogs on our blogroll are deserving. We wouldn't have put them on our blogroll if we didn't enjoy visiting them! So, if you are listed down there on the bottom right side of our blog, please accept this award with our love and gratitude for many hours of fascinating reading!